I decided a few weeks ago that this would be the year that we make Boston's 1st Advent Calendar. I started looking on Pinterest and couldn't find something that I really liked. I wanted something simple, kinda boyish and cheap.
I looked around and found that I had everything to make one with.
Here's the rundown of everything I used:
- the envelopes are from his birthday invitations (I cut each end of the envelope)
- the board is his magnetic board I made earlier this year
- the numbers I printed out (I used the technique that I used when I made his DIY toddler height ruler)
- the washi tape I already had
- the mini clothespins were also leftover from Boston's birthday cupcakes (I had to buy another package since I was short 12 clothespins)
- the magnets were new even though I already had a few on hand.
- the blue glittery snowflakes are ornaments from our Christmas tree.
in total....I spent less than $4.
My cousin, Marisa (one of the coolest chicks I know), and I attached the washi tape onto the envelopes. Then I traced and colored the numbers onto the envelopes for the days.
The clothespins were hot glued onto the magnets. Then I painted the tops of the clothespins blue with some acrylic paint.
As for the activities, I measured my envelopes and made little cards with a black border (using MS Word) and typed each activity in the middle so that they would fit the envelopes but stick out a little on the top for B to easily pull out.
Here she is in all her glory!