As usual, my goal was to use something that I already had. I wanted to spend the least amount of money possible. Remember this project? Well since we no longer have those up on our walls and since these frames were sitting against our wall in our game room, I decided to use one of them for this project. It was a perfect size (24x28) to use as a magnet board for our little man.
We got this sheet metal from Home Depot for $20 (which was a little on the pricey side for us, but it was because of how big our frame was. If you have a smaller frame, it would be much cheaper). Jer cut it down to fit the size of our frame.
He's Careful Carl with is gloves on. Safety first, peeps. :)
After taking the frame apart, I threw on some gorilla glue (if you don't have any of this glue, get some! It's awesome for anything and everything). I put enough to make the metal stick to the backing (cardboard that came with the frame).
I took some scrabble tiles out of our scrabble game and glued them to some magnets that we also bought from HD for about $3 each for 3 packages.
Keeping with the trying to spend as least as possible we used some fabric I had in my craft closet. It's white with a khaki houndstooth design. Definitely gender neutral.
We wrapped the fabric around the metal and cardboard and placed the frame around it so it fit tightly. We didn't hot glue the fabric to the back, but it wouldn't hurt to.
He thought it was the coolest thing. Especially when the magnets would stick to each other.
After all of our hard work, we're glad he enjoys it. :)
Now go on and make yours for your little munchkin/s! And if you do, I'd love to see them!! :)