8.06.2014

Goodwill Lamps Gone Good

A few weeks back I headed over to my beloved Goodwill in search of whatever I could find.  :)  Call me crazy but it's one of my favorite stores, ever.  Everything is cheap and diy-able.  Oh and the best part, each month they have one 50% off days!  Score. 

After perusing through most of the store, I headed over to the lamp section and there were a ton to choose from.  All kinds and styles.  I first spotted one glass lamp that I pretty much loved from the moment I saw it and then at the other end of the shelf I saw another one that was almost identical to it.  I was immediately sold.  I paid my 10 buckaroos and brought those babies home.  When I brought them home, Jer couldn't even notice the difference in them.  Since we are re-doing our master bedroom a bit (like our grid wall that I'll be posting about soon, fingers crossed) I needed to find some lamps of the prettier/classier kind.  And these were it.  
Since the parts were a little rusty and one of them didn't work I went ahead and got some new parts for them both and one lamp kit package for the one that didn't work.  It didn't matter what the "parts/hardware" looked like since I would be spray painting them all the same color.
The question was, what color did I want them painted?  These were my two choices and I loved them both. So, in the end, I chose both!  Why not give them a little two-toned action?  The Krylon was used for all of the "parts."  But the mint color was the real winner since it was chosen to give it some color on the outside.  
These $10 lamp shades from Lowe's were simple, cheap, white and round....everything that I was looking for.
Here's what we started with BEFORE:
The lamps did us good for over 8 years but it was time for them to go.  But no worries, they'll be getting a makeover themselves.
And here's one new beauty (on my side of the bed):
I LOVE how they turned out.  Especially that mint color.  They look like they cost a pretty penny.  But really, they cost a total of $60 for both!
You can see the satin nickel color we used for the hardware of the lamps.  It's pretty perfect if you ask me.  :)

So, what do you think?  Don't these lamps look better?  And doesn't that mint add the perfect touch of color?  

xo
Jen

4 comments:

Lisa C said...

I love how these turned out!

JCline said...

I love that mint color! And I loooooove Goodwill!

A Brew of Blessings said...

Umm Good Will STEAL! Love how you transformed this bargain!

Veronica Lee Burns said...

I love those! great job! And I'm so with you, I love popping into Goodwill every now and then, you never know what you'll find.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...