I was shocked. Stunned. Honored. And excited. And still am. :) Mainly because I can't believe that people are even remotely interested in our lives and what I write about. In February, I really started to "put" my blog out there and I've had an amazing response. It's been pretty dang cool/fun. :)
Anywho, when I received these two awards by Amy from The Story of Us, a very loyal reader, I knew I needed to mention it and tell you all about them. You know, share my excitement with you all.
The first award is called the Liebster Blog Award
The Liebster Award is for up-and-coming bloggers (200 followers or less) that you think deserve recognition for their fabulous blogging abilities.
Here's how this award process works...
Each nominee should:
Choose 5 blogs to give the Liebster Award to.
Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
Post the award on your blog.
List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites.
Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they've received the award.
Share five random facts about yourself.
1. I love to bake more than cook. Mainly because a) I never venture out and try new things to cook so we tend to eat the same things, and b) sweets are always better for this sweet tooth.
2. I'm a "closet" science nerd. I have a Bachelor's degree in Biology and love everything about science. It's too bad I don't use my degree for anything now. But you can bet, Boston will know some science at an early age. Ha.
3. I wish I was an avid runner. We've done a few 5K's lately but I'm too chicken/lazy to train for anything more.
4. I've always wanted 4 children. Now....not so much. :) One baby has proven to be enough for me, for now.
5. I wish I was friends with Ellen. Yup - Ellen Degeneres. She seems like she would be a fun BFF.
Blogs I have chosen to nominate (in no particular order) are:
Shannon @ Motif Brophy
Tara @ A Brew of Blessings
Lauren @ Lauren Rebecca
Lizzie @ The Dancing Toad Blog
Laurie @ The Rookie Wife
Check them out. They are all great daily reads!
The second award is called the Versatile Blog Award.
Rules for the award:
1. Nominate 15 Fellow Bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
2. Add an image of the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link to their site.
4. Share 7 completely random facts about yourself.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination.
1. My husband and I dated for 10 years before getting married.
2. I love planning parties and DIY'ing.
3. I played soccer all through high school.
4. I grew up wanting to be an OB/GYN.
5. I was born in Arlington, Texas
6. I have an obsession with sunglasses and shoes.
7. I've never cut my hair shorter than my shoulder blades. I've always wanted to try short hair, but I'm too big of a chicken. :)
I nominate these blogs for this award:
Love each and every one of these blogs for different reasons. Check'em out!
I've always seen awards that other blogs have received and thought it was cool that someone would think highly enough of them to award them. And then I was awarded!! So, THANK YOU, Amy! You are way too kind! :)