5.26.2011

Pictures, Pictures On The Wall

A few days ago, I mentioned that we had done another project over the weekend that needed to be wrapped up...well it's dun dun dun dun DONE!  We checked it off our list, but trust me when I say that we have a TON more to do.  However, we are taking them very slow-ly and cheap-ly to save our pennies since we are a one income household and Jer would like to retire from working sooner rather than later. 

Anyway...as you can tell from the title it involves pictures.  Not just 1 picture, or 2 pictures but 11 pictures!  That's right, we got picture happy this weekend.  Can we say narcissistic?  Well...maybe just a little bit but what can we say, we love our baby and we love each other.  :) 

I always knew I needed something different than this:
I just didn't know what I wanted.  However, I always knew that I wanted a wall of frames with pictures in them that we could change out over time but didn't really have a spot in this house that I thought would be an appropriate place to hang them.  Until, we added this white dresser to our entry way.  There was something about putting that crisp/inviting/breathe of fresh air white dresser in our entry that sparked me to re-do our walls above it.  It just needed something different.  It looked way too boring.  I needed something that would give an entertaining and inviting effect when people walked into our house.  Adding frames with our family pictures, I thought, would give that effect I was looking for.  Although, we have yet to have any visitors so I'll keep you posted on when we do and their reviews of our wall.  :-) 

I was remiss and didn't take any pictures throughout the process of the project.  But it entailed a bunch of choosing pictures, cleaning the glass of the frames, adding matts, adding new hardware onto the backs of the frames to hang them from, placing frames, re-placing frames, re-placing frames a 3rd time and finally making sure everything was exactly how I wanted them.  I wasn't going for the balanced effect as you'll notice in the picture.  I wanted an un-balanced not so tidy look.  However, at some point I plan on adding 2 more frames on each side to make it a little more full-looking.  And as I mentioned earlier, as the months and years go by, I'll be switching out pictures and adding ones that are more current. 

So, here you go...here's what we came up with as our final look for that wall:
and I'm loving it.  Every time I walk by it, I ooohhh and aaawww over the pictures mainly of the pictures of the little guy but sometimes over the pictures of me and Jer....you know, to keep the narcissistic trend going.  :-)

The only other thing I may add are some table lamps when and if I find the right ones.  When I do, I'll definitely share them. 

By the way, I chose black frames because that's mostly what I had on hand and I didn't want to buy new ones or paint them a different color.  The majority of them are from Goodwill that I painted black a while back.  I thought about adding different colored matts but chose to stick with the black-frame-white-matte-theme.

Happy One-More-Day-Until-Friday,
~Jeni

2 comments:

Agdmeredith said...

Looks great! I've been wanting to do something like this too.

THE COOKS said...

Thanks, Mere! You totally should!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...