5.05.2011

Our Framed Cities

So, for a while now I thought it'd be cool to memorialize our travels some way but wasn't quite sure how.  After a night of blog surfin' a few months ago I saw a blog post that had typed up cities that they'd visited and framed them (and, for the life of me, I can't find that blog.  sorry, I really wanted to share it with y'all).  And I thought...that's it - that's what I want to do. 

It took me a while...a long while...almost 4 months to be exact to get this baby done.  But I did it. 

While browsing through the frame aisle in Wal-Mart I noticed this $5 frame and knew it'd be perfect for my little art project.  I typed up my cities with the fonts I liked.  Played with it about 10 plus times (I got a little anal about the fonts, sizes and placements of the cities) and then finally hit print, printing on photo paper. 

***Notice I added San Fran already??  :)  I thought, what the heck, I should just add it now so I don't have to re-organize it all sparing me another 3 hours tormenting myself. 

And here she is:
I didn't have a plan on where its home would be.  I looked around for a second and noticed an empty spot on my kitchen counter.  I liked it there but wasn't 100% sold on its new home, until....Jer said, "Oh is that your new picture you framed, it looks good there."  So, you guessed it, it's staying there.  If he says it looks good there, then I do too.  He sometimes can be a little booger on giving me his advice because he doesn't always like my ideas.  I like to call it - constructive criticism.  :)















Happy "It's Almost Friday",
~Jeni

4 comments:

Candy said...

What a neat idea. I love that!

Agdmeredith said...

Cute idea!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Come decorate my house!

Onegirlruns said...

awesome! what a great idea for a gallery wall! only problem is i've never traveled anywhere, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...