Well, our handsome son, another very important day is upon us - your 18-month birthday. At 10:28am this morning you will officially turn 18 months old. It seems like yesterday that you were turning one. It's hard to imagine that that was six months ago, and it's hard to think that your second birthday is only six months from now. To make sure it's another successful birthday for you, we'll begin planning the party soon. This year, you'll be much more aware of your surroundings and able to communicate with all of the people who attend.
But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need to get past this day first. It's a really big time in your life - a bit of a milestone. You have grown into such a big boy. In fact, you seem much older than you actually are. As expected, you have continued to make great strides and advancements. We love each and every day with you. There are so many surprises along this journey, and we get so much joy watching you learn and grow. Perhaps the most exciting thing for us is to watch you be so inquisitive when we teach you new things.
As for this last month, here's what you've been up to:
* You love to feed yourself with a spoon or fork all the time.
* You love to reach up and open kitchen/bathroom drawers.
* you still love to say, "dat" aka "that" when pointing to things.
* you love sour cream.
* you love to walk down the stairs holding mommy's hand.
* you love to climb on everything, chairs, tables and even your piano.
* you love to feed Jet his food.
* you tried dried cranberries for the first time and love them.
* you've been on and off having one nap for the last 2 weeks. Won't be long until you are only having one nap a day!
* you celebrated your 2nd St. Patrick's day.
* You can identify (when asked):
- letters A-P
- numbers 1-10
- all the letters in your name
- squares, triangles, ovals and rectangles
* your back left molar has started to come in. You like to chew on your fingers for relief.
* you ate "lower sugar" maple oatmeal for the first time.
* you love to show us your muscles by putting your arms up. ha
* you love to point at things and ask, "What's dat?"
* you still take 2 naps a day.
* you point to the cross in your room when we ask you, "Where is Jesus?" :)
* for breakfast you still have the same foods: start off with cherrios, then you get a whole grain organic flaxseed waffle, then a whole banana and then some yo baby yogurt. Daddy feeds you breakfast every morning and is a man of habits. :)
* you had some popcorn for the first time.
* you have discovered the backyard and love walking around on the patio and grass. You love being outside in general.
* you love pointing to the moon when asked where it is.
* you love to take instructions like throwing things away, putting things back where they go and bringing things to mommy and daddy.
* you love to put lids on things over and over.
* you love to try to figure out how things work, like buckles on your strollers and booster seat.
* you love giving hugs and kisses.
* you started making a "motor boat" sound with your lips. Mommy thinks it's so cute.
* your new word this month was "Bubba" when talking about Jet.
* you love wearing sunglasses.
* you are in size 18-24 months.
* you are in size 4 diapers.
* you are wearing size 6-7 shoes.
* your 18 month check up is on Friday. We can't wait to see how much you've grown!
Mommy and Daddy
P.S. We have a fun filled day planned today! We hope you love it.
Daddy even took off work to celebrate your 18 month birthday! Ohhh.....and a fun present that we hope you'll love. :)