2.12.2012

Welcome, Welcome

I've been on project over-load lately.  Some new and some old.  If there's one thing that I'm notorious for.....it would be that I am notorious for starting projects and not finishing them.  Oy.  But I'm trying to get better.  Promise.  Which means I'll be sharing most of the ones that I've finished over the next couple of days/weeks.

So, back to this post.

Welcome.  Welcome to our casa!

Over the weekend, I decided that I needed something on our entry buffet table that would welcome our guests.  You know, because they were never really welcomed before.  ;)  I searched etsy (surprisingly, not Pinterest this time) for some inspiration and found a lot of cute framed designs.  So I took some of those ideas and made my own design.  So I'm not fully plagiarizing.  :)  That would be no bueno.

Here lately,  I've been playing around more and more with Photoshop.  Even though I've had the program for exactly one year (that is one hard program to learn, geez), I finally broke down and decided that I really should start learning it.  So I did.  With the help of my genius husband, of course.  Do I ever do anything without him?  The answer, "Nope."

Anyway, one thing that I decided to do for our "welcome sign" was to use my Photoshop program instead of MS Word.  And to my surprise it was quite easy.  Time consuming, but easy.  Nothing to cry about.  It took me roughly 2 hours to fully design and print it.  And I.am.proud.  Jer even liked it.  Whew.

Here's our new welcomer.  She's quite a charmer, too.  She says, "Welcome to our Home."  So, welcome, again.  :)
I absolutely love the frame.  Where did I get it?  Welp, I actually had the frame in one of our upstairs closets that I stumbled upon when I was in search of a frame for her.  It was a "wasn't very cute brown" color.  It was a natural/grainy/almost peanut colored frame that totally did not match her.  So I took some white spray paint to her.  No primer.  I went straight to the glossy white spray paint.  I didn't prime her because I didn't want her completely white and I wanted her natural grain texture to come through the paint.  I wanted her to look a little vintage/cottage-y.  So I put 3 light coats of white gloss spray paint.
 And wholla....she now has some character and texture.  The frame color fits her perfectly.
Here she is sitting pretty on our entry table.  Since she's truly a wall frame and didn't have a leg to stand on, I found an old gold easel in my kitchen cabinet.  It doesn't match very well but it'll do.  Now we need some guests.  So come on over.  We won't mind.  :-)
This was one of the simplest projects I've done in a long time.  She's definitely a keeper.  

Happy Project Day!
xoxo,
~Jeni

Linking up with:


6 comments:

Michaela said...

So cute! Of course I love the chevron :)

THE COOKS said...

You are precious, thanks so much, Michaela! :-)))

Unknown said...

Adorable! I love cute simple projects like this! Would love it if you came by and linked up to my party.
-Melissa
www.serendipityandspice.com

THE COOKS said...

Thanks, Serendipity!!! I'd love to! Heading over, now. :)

Maria said...

How pretty! I love cute Welcome sign, love yours!

THE COOKS said...

Thanks, Maria!!! It was uber easy to make. You should make one! :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...