7.12.2012

Kelley from The Grant Life

Hi Our Love and Our Blessing friends!  My name is Kelley and I blog over at the Grant life.  I'm a momma to two blonde haired, blue eyed babies and I run a little online store called loveables.  I love diet coke, How I Met Your Mother, twitter and anything with sugar.  Throw in a rainy day where I can snuggle with my babies and I'm a happy lady.  

I have recently really started to enjoy cooking.. and by recently I mean when pinterest came out.  Ha.  I kid.  Today Im going to share a recipe that I dreamed up after a few trips to pinterest.  

Toasted Coconut French Toast w/ Brown Sugar Glaze 

4-6 Eggs
6 Slices of Bread
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Shredded Coconut

Glaze:
1/2 cup Butter
1/4 cup Brown Sugar


 Ok Im sure everyone knows how to make french toast but I just going to go through my recipe like you've never made it before.  Haha.  Just in case someone really hasnt made it and is truly missing out.  

1. Whip eggs in fluffy
2. Mix in vanilla
3. Coat bread in egg mixture
4. Put on skillet or griddle 
5. Sprinkle coconut on side that is face up 
6. Flip and cook until coconut is toasted

Glaze:
Melt butter in small saucepan.  Add brown sugar and mix until blended.  Bring to a boil, remove from heat and serve over french toast.  


Heaven.  The glaze turns almost caramel-y and is so delicious over the toasted coconut.  This is going on my menu forever.  

I hope yall liked my recipe.. and if yall get a chance stop by my blog and say hello!  

Seriously, doesn't Kelley's recipe look amazing??  Thanks so much for sharing this yummy-ness with us!  Go check out her blog, her and her family are precious!!

7 comments:

Angela said...

That looks delicious! Next time we have coconut around, I'll try it.

Hailey said...

i love french toast! thanks for sharing!

http://babybakerlove.blogspot.com/2012/07/awkward-awesome.html

Mommie Couture said...

WOW - that french toast looks AMAZING! Need.in.my.belly!

Debra Kapellakis said...

YUM!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Looks dangerously good! Thanks so much for sharing and I am a new follower from the GFC Hop over at The Life of the Not So Ordinary Wife!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.com

Jessica Who? said...

this looks so yummy!!

Chrissi Holt said...

Delicious ! Oh I must try this this weekend for breakfast ! It looks so yummy ... Chrissi

www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...