2.09.2012

Boston's 1st Haircut - 2/3/12

I can't believe I'm saying this....but....we finally cut Boston's hair.  We got it cut the day after he turned 16 months (last Friday to be exact)!  If it were up to me (well, it kinda was) I would have let his hair grow as long as it could.  Until he could tell me he wanted it cut.  Ha. Not really but I certainly wouldn't have cut it at 16 months.  Here lately, almost every time we were out and about people would ask "how old is she?" or "what's her name?"  Errr.  So, I would politely say, "HE'S 15 months old" and "HIS name is Boston."  :)

I was SO attached to his hair.  Emotionally.  I'm a little dramatic when it comes to him so it's no surprise to most people that his hair of all things would make me very sad to cut.  That was the hair he was born with... that hair was inside of me. It was a part of ME!  Now, it's cut off.  :(  I seriously could get teary eyed if I let myself.  I often ask, "What's wrong with me?!"  Ha.  But I have to admit, I'm a little abnormal when it comes to things concerning Boston.  Some of my friends look at me sometimes like I'm a weirdo but that's ok. :-)

Anyway, let's get on to the new and improved (more little boy looking than baby boy) Boston James...

We made sure to take plenty of BEFORE pictures of his hair.  You know....for me to remember them by.  
I have to say, his hair was getting a little long and unruly but I loved it so much.  I love the shaggy look on him.  We called him our little hippie boy.  :)
We went over to my cousin's house and asked his wife, Andrea, to cut B's hair.  She does hair out of her house which I think is so cool.  I'm sure most people would like to "work from home."
Such a big boy in that chair.
First snip!
He did so good for most of his haircut.
Then he decided he wasn't exactly sure what was going on.  
Until his little cousin, Stone, came in to talk to him.  Such a sweet cousin.
Then Stone's brother, Sam, came to help out with Boston, too.
My cousin, Sara, tried entertaining, too with People magazine.  Ha.
His snacks kept his occupied.
All done!  Such a big boy.  It's crazy how a simple haircut can make my sweet baby boy look like such a BIG boy.  :/
My cousin, Chet, helping Boston ride a Strider.  Those are so cool.  They are pedal-less bikes.  I've never seen such a thing.  Apparently, they help them to learn how to balance on a bicycle.
Mommy and B first picture (with new haircut).
Gracious, he looks SO different.

Are y'all the same way when it comes to your babies?  Please tell me I'm not TOO weird.  Ha.  

xoxo,
~Jeni

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he looks sooo handome! how adorable is he???

THE COOKS said...

Aw, thanks sweet blog friend!!! :-) He looks way too grown up for my comfort. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...