9.19.2010

The Pregnancy... so far, so good

I've been very blessed with this pregnancy with how easy it's been.  Besides the usual round ligament pain, I was fortunate to not have any morning sickness, hardly any cravings and heartburn only twice - so far.  My hands, mainly my right hand, started to swell about a month ago and has caused me to develop "pregnancy carpal tunnel syndrome."  The swelling squeezes on my nerves, which causes my hand to go numb and to fingers hurt.  My doctor suggested I wear a wrist stabilizer/splint while sleeping.  She assured me that it would go away once I have the baby.  Thank goodness!  But all in all, it's been smooth sailing. 

I absolutely love being pregnant.  It's such a miracle and I still can't believe I have a human growing inside of me.  Such a cool feeling.  It puts a smile on my face every time I think about it, which is a lot!  Jer got to feel the baby move for the first time on his birthday, July 6th.  He couldn't have asked for a better present.  It was like the baby was telling him, "Happy Birthday, Daddy!"  Every since then, each time the baby moves he constantly wants to feel it.  And we both laugh in amazement.  Here lately, the kicks have gotten harder and its movements have gotten bigger.  It's neat to look down at my belly and see it sway to the side and feel something hard in that spot, like a head or butt.  For the first time last week, we felt the baby hiccuping which was something new and fun for us.

Blessings,
Jeni

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...